Friday, December 24, 2010

Settling in and reflecting on vacation

So as I mentioned before, the last month and a half has been pure chaos in my life I would say. I have been juggling a lot of different areas (only one or two well) and seeing where I land.  I believe that in the last two weeks of transitioning I have re-evaluated some thoughts I had about myself.  First, I think that I am internally reflecting on more than I ever have in the past.  I would have considered myself someone that processes feelings and thoughts by talking to others and thinking out loud.  I have actually done the complete opposite in a lot of areas of my life when I moved to Albuquerque.  I don't think it is bad, but I have given myself time to think of what kind of life I want to set up in this new place.  Secondly,  I believe my opinions on how to experience life are continually evolving.  I am lucky enough to be introduced and exposed to more things that one day I hope to conquer like becoming a rock climber or bigger adventure sport person.  For example of what I am experiencing different compared to Phoenix: I actually jumped at an outing where a bunch of people were going to a bar to watch a local reggae band play on a weekend night.  Phoenix = never happen  Albuquerque= BRING IT ON!!! We get to this bar and there was a pretty good following of the band and people would sing their original music at the top of their lungs and dancing in the middle of the hardwood floors.  I looked around and realized I was nowhere close to doing things my friends and I did back in Phoenix, but I actually had a total blast with these newly met friends!  I am also hoping that I may get to learn how to snowboard this season.  I cant remember the last time I went skiing and the opportunity to get involved with people that do some different things like going out on the slopes has been a great blessing.  Overall, I'd say I am still settling in and trying to understand the atmosphere.  I am a bit homesick having a boyfriend, sister, and huge group of friends back where I used to be, but I think with time everything will become normal.  I was able to complete an 8.5 mile run in the mountains the other day, so I am hoping that helps the training I am doing to get ready for the half.  My half marathon is less than a month away!!!  My first one ever too! I am starting to get nervous with the amount of time I will have in Phoenix that weekend but hopefully I will get to see most everyone when I am back.  I almost booked 10 tickets from ABQ to PHX just to make sure I see everyone pretty often and it was really cheap on Southwest.  If anyone is looking to hang in NM hurry and look at those deals!  I have an apartment waiting for visitors!  Well I have rambled enough I believe so I will be headed to bed.  Until next time kids!  

No comments:

Post a Comment