Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some good ole memories

So I guess it has been a few days since the last post but I was in my car listening to the radio when a song came on and it hit me with a bunch of memories.  I don't know if ya'll have heard the song "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert, but if you haven't checked it out you should!  I would say I have had a lot of houses that have "built" me through time.  The idea of the memories in your childhood that ring through again and again just come to mind and inspired me in a way.  Most you probably know this but to an extent I was raised a good portion of my life in the South.  I think of Houston as some of those Golden years where a home feels like a home and the only place you will ever live.  I think back to one Christmas in our house on Kensington Ct. where my sisters and I tip-toed down the stairs to find motorized scooters with bows standing.  We were so excited that we could barely keep from squealing!  Then flashbacks to our home in Brentwood came to mind.  There's a time when you are in high school and where you feel invincible.  I remember sitting on my front and back porches talking to boys and laying in yards of grass looking at stars.  I realized that these are parts of a childhood and what these country songs become about for me.  Another song "American Honey" always makes me feel a similar way.  The excitement of mudding in trucks or wearing your cowgirl boots out and getting dressed up is just something I actually miss a ton!  I am realizing that for me there is such a strong connection to music.  I am not blessed to be musically talented, but I LOVE that music makes you feel so many emotions.  There are so many aspects of music that inspire me to go places and feel things, and I am hoping that some of you read this and agree.  If you don't, you are missing out!  It doesn't have to be country, but it just has to move you.  Be moved and move others!

1 comment: